Here is the conversation I had with Bubba earlier tonight about tornadoes. He saw the weather man come on to talk about a warning in western Kansas.
Bubba:
Mommy why are tornadoes bad?
Me:
Because they can be very dangerous and tear up things like trees and fences and sometimes buildings.
Bubba:
Can you go outside and see a tornado?
Me:
No because you would get hurt. If there is a tornado coming you have to go hide in the basement to be safe.
Bubba:
Why do you have to hide in the basement?
Me:
Because they can hurt you really bad if they hit your house.
Bubba:
Do you have to go to the hospital if you get hit by one?
Me:
Well probably so.
Bubba:
What if they tear up our house do we get a new one?
Me:
Of course we would get a new house.
Bubba:
But mommy what is a tornado?
Me:
Its like a big circle of wind that spins around really really fast.
I swear I didn't think I would have to explain tornadoes to this kid yet. I didn't even think he was paying attention when it came on tv. Seriously how do you explain to a 3 year old that a tornado could flatten your home on any give day. The joys of living in OZ right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment